“Meerkat and Periscope competitor Hang w/ is rolling out what it calls “digital tickets…” an ad model that essentially lets broadcasters charge folks for watching real-time clips. Whether or not people are willing to fork over money to watch user-generated video isn’t clear. –adweek.com
A handful of physicians are quickly becoming Periscope pros, according to medcitynews.com:
For real estate agents, Periscope “can easily become an influential piece in staking your claim in a changing marketplace,” according to inman.com.
Ahead of the NHL Awards, Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals unveiled the team’s new alternate jerseys via Periscope, washingtonpost.com reported.
Finally, rap star Raury “will use Periscope to stream his music festival,” according to Mashable.
A campaign from Nestlé this weekend is bringing some slick marketing to Pericope, according to a report from adweek.com:
Each video title will include the #ad hashtag to indicate that it’s sponsored, and will the project be supported with sponsored tweets and hired influencers.
Citing Nestle’s endeavor as an indication of future possibilities, inqisitir.com says Periscope “will be taking (and already has taken) a large chunk out of SnapChat’s business.
Thursday night Periscopes, left to right above: I watched a parade in New Zealand marking the the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli Campaign, checked out the view from the Philadelphia Police helicopter and watched as some guy chased wild turkeys around his yard.
The recent explosion in live streaming video emerged so quickly that you can still read almost every news media report, and I have organized many according to issue below.
Advertising and Marketing:
• Periscope Has More Repeat Users Than Meerkat – adweek.com
• Twitter Inc (TWTR) Periscope Service To Be A Major Ad Revenue Catalyst – bidnessetc.com
• Live-Stream Video Shows Big Potential For Content Marketers – mediapost.com
• Live Video Is The New Clickbait – TechCrunch
• Meerkat Beats Twitter’s Periscope To Android Launch – ubergizmo.com
• Twitter Is Winning The Live Streaming Battle – techcrunch.com
• Periscope Trumps Arch-Rival Meerkat In Tweets – mediapost.com
• All the Ways That Your Livefeed Is a Lie – gizmodo.com
• Up Periscope! Twitter’s live-streaming app is exciting us, but here’s how it could be better – The Guardian
• Periscope is ALREADY on its way to becoming a parent’s worst nightmare – Daily Mail
• Students voice concerns about live video streaming apps – usatoday.com
• Periscope vs. Meerkat for Education – Work in Progress – Education Week
• How social media livestreams will impact political journalism – Columbia Journalism Review
• Periscoping Nano News: Fairfax County, Va., Live Streams Press Conference on Escapee – emergencymgmt.com
• Live streaming apps like Meerkat and Periscope pose legal risks – computerworld.com
•What Does Periscope’s Live Mobile Streaming Mean to Media? – huffingtonpost.com
• Periscope’s piracy problems: HBO issues takedown notices after Twitter’s app used to broadcast Game of Thrones – dailymail.co.uk
• NFL Broadcast Copyrights Threatened By Periscope, Meerkat – CBS New York
• New Periscope, Meerkat Apps Changing How You See Politics – abc6onyourside
• The 10 types of people you will see on Twitter’s Periscope – The Guardian
• 3 ways people are using Periscope app live-streaming – digitaljournal.com
• Meerkat, Periscope making live streaming ‘interesting again’ – cbc.ca
• What Periscope and Meerkat mean to our lives – livemint.com
• Periscope live streaming app raises new questions about privacy, citizen journalism – CBC News
What will you be streaming this weekend? Please consider looping in @Streamalism when you tweet.